Sunday, April 20, 2014

tHE eASTER bUNnY... OR iN OUr CaSE, kiTtY

Happy Easter Folks! So Autumn found some baby kitties at Grandma Joy's house and begged us for a week to let her bring one home. We told her no way, yet we somehow gave in a have a cat. Yuck! She is pretty spoiled, but honestly how can you say no to that cute happy little face. Nixon is in love with it and runs around saying "tiddy, tiddy" all day! The cat is terrified of him. I guess we have our first family pet. Autumn wants to name him rainbow but Logan wants...you guessed it...VULTRON. We'll probably end up calling him rainbow. That little lady truly runs this place, it's her way or the highway.



We tried to take some cute Easter pictures this morning, and by we, I mean Me. I was the only one interested in a good picture. Unfortunately the kids didn't care so much. Here are my best efforts.Still adorable, even when they won't look and smile.




I really wanted to talk with my kids about the real meaning of Easter today and not just do the eggs and Easter bunny and all of that. But I'm realized they aren't going to just sit and listen to me try to teach them a spiritual sermon about the Savior. Just trying to get them ready for the day, fed, happy, clean and chasing them and that dang cat all around I have barely had a second to stop and reflect on my savior and what his resurrection means to me. I guess in our small ways we are teaching them all the time. We let Autumn watch her "Jesus" movie this morning. It's the cartoon one that is about his resurrection. She loves it. (Although, she insists that Jesus is married to Mary and they have a son named Thomas. I don't know where she gets it.) But anyway, I love my savior and I am so glad that I can have these beautiful people with me forever.
He Lives.
Because of Him.
I know the My Redeemer Lives.

No comments: