Wednesday, June 2, 2010

First Day Away From Autumn

So I stated work today at a Salon in Layton called Olde Mill. I had a hard time leaving my cute little girl home (Even though she was with her Grandma Joy). I'm glad I'll only be working two days a week and every other Saturday or I don't think I'd be able to do it. But other than leaving Autumn at home, it was great! I've missed doing hair and I just love the salon I'm at! I was a little worried about how much I would be making because I thought I was starting at 10% commission and moving up based on how much retail I sold, which didn't make a lot of sense to me but I didn't say anything. Then today at the end of my shift my friend was showing me my end of day report and she said, "so you made about $100 dollars today." Then I said, "No, I'm starting at 10% commission." Everyone started laughing and then my boss Lynn said, "No, No, you are making 10% of all the retail you sell, but you are maiking 55% commission on your services." It was great news, although I sort of felt like an idiot for thinking she was talking about my services all along.

2 comments:

Becca said...

You got the job!!! I'm so excited for you! Yay! I knew you would interview well. Looks like it's going to pay well. Autumn will be okay and she'll love hanging out with Grandma Joy. Love you!

Bain Becomes a Master said...

I am so glad you had it wrong! I can't wait to play with Autumn on Wednesday.