Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend

This past weekend was fun. We didn't do anything out of the ordinary or crazy fun but there is just something about having time off to spend together that is great!
On Friday night we went to some friends wedding. It was beautiful, I was in love with their cake. I should have taken a picture is was AMAZING. After that we came home and Logan jumped in the pool. I thought he was crazy because it was freezing out side and very windy. On Saturday I worked and Logan went riding with his dad. Autumn played with Grandma Joy. When we both got home we went to Noodles and Co. for dinner, that place has been one of our favorites lately. It was very enjoyable. Although I spilled an entire cup of ice water on my IPhone. I thought it was ruined...but it's still working just fine. After that we watched a really stupid movie "Catfish" with our besties Colby and Emily.
On Sunday I got up pretty early (6:30 is pretty early to me) with Autumn. We played until Logan woke up and then I sneaked back in bed. Church was very enjoyable. A kid got up during testimony meeting and said something to this effect. "I can't say that I know who Joseph Smith or Brigham Young are, or if they were prophets. This is my first time to a Mormon church. I just wanted to say that I know this church is going to help me in my life to get clean. Everyone has been very kind and I know that I can't hide behind drugs and alcohol anymore. Thanks." It was really touching actually. I'm glad he got up. Autumn was a little social butterfly and was walking around sharing her "pretties" with all the other little girls sitting on the chairs in the back. Her "pretties" are necklaces. She loves them. She made lots of new friends and almost made it up to the pulpit twice. Maybe she was trying to get Logan and I to bear our Testimonies. It didn't work because neither of us got up. Brooke did though. Her testimony made me tear up a little bit as it usually does. She always surprises me with how strong she is. She said she wanted to bear her testimony yesterday especially because Aaron was home and he hadn't heard her do that before. She said that she and Aaron were fasting for Steven. I thought it was really great. Steven left for Alaska yesterday. He is trying to get a job on a ship fishing for the summer. It's a big move for him. I hope he does well.
After church we BBQ some chicken and had it with salads and fruit. It was really good and then we enjoyed the afternoon being outside in the warmth! We played a game of Speed with Logan won. He always wins. He's really good.
Well that sums up our weekend. It really was fun.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love uneventful but happy weekends as well. Good luck on your big race coming up dear!!! You will rock it. I'm so proud of you!

JuLi said...

I love you. I love reading about your wonderful life. You just sound content. I like that. I've never won a game of speed, but Seth kicks bootie at it. We should put our husbands together and see who does best. lol. ZZ always tries to go to the front of the chapel as well. I always tell her if she would sleep in a little longer i'd have time to get ready and then we'd be on time for church and we could sit up there... it's not enough of an incentive to get her to sleep in though, because she's still waking up at 6 every sunday. oi vey.
Well I miss you much and am wishing you could come live by me...