Thursday, January 17, 2013

Our Little Man

I haven't written much about our little Nixon yet. Life has just been so crazy since we had him. Let me just say adjusting to two kids is a lot harder than I thought it would be. But we sure love him. He makes me so happy. This first couple of months were pretty challenging. He had colic pretty bad and he cried so much. The longest he ever cried was five hours straight. And there was nothing I could do. I would hold him and rock him and pace with him but he would just cry. Autumn started acting up because she wanted and needed more attention. Sometimes she would come up to me and say "Put him down mom." But the good thing is she always just adored him. Even if he was getting all of the attention. But a little after his two month mark he started to get less fussy. And not he is the happiest boy! His smile is so big and you can see it in his eyes. He has started laughing (It's still kind of rare). He always smiles when I go into his room to get him. I love it. That boy just warms my heart. And to think I cried when I found out he was a boy. I'm so happy now. I just love my mamma's little boy.


I'm still nursing him, even though that has been quite a challenge too. Autumn was so easy to nurse. I used to judge women that wouldn't nurse their children and when they would say their baby just wouldn't have anything to do with it I just rolled my eyes and thought to myself, they just aren't trying very hard and they're  being pretty selfish. Well I'm eating those words now. It has been SO hard. I still think a lot of women give up before trying very hard, but I understand a little better now. Isn't it funny how we get to have all of these experiences to understand each other better. I'm so glad we do. Every hard thing we go through helps us to become more Christ Like and understand those around us from a different perspective.

Well here are some milestone we have reached so far:
He started sleeping through the night around two months
He started smiling around two months
He started laughing around four months
He started rolling over around four months (have to be careful he rolled right out of his swing last week)
He sits up in the bumbo by himself now
He tried his first solid foods last week (Not a fan of them...I think we'll wait for a while and try again)

Here are some pictures of his first four months of life:















See what I mean about that smile? It just tugs at my heart. Sometimes when I look at him I want to cry because I just Love him so much. I am such a girl. Oh and how about those blue eyes? Love them. Such a little cutie! We're so glad you're in our family Nixon!

1 comment:

JuLi said...

Oh my goodness I love him! I think it is the smile... And he looks SO MUCH like Rocco! which makes me love him even more! lol... Wish I could hold him and hug him and kiss him and cuddle him! Tell him his Auntie Juli really really loves him!!!