Thursday, January 17, 2013

Running

I'm getting ready to do my 2nd Marathon. I made a goal to run one after every baby I have. This time around it has been quite a bit more challenging. I haven't been enjoying the run like I used to. I feel like it's something I "Have" to do instead of something I want to do for myself. I don't have the time set aside each day like I did my first time around and by the end of the day I'm dreading it because I'm tired and I want to go to bed. The only time that I have to do my run is during the day if both my kids take a nap at the same time (HA! that never happens) or late at night after I put them to bed. I can't do any of my runs outside because I don't have a jogging stroller (and it's FREEZING, my kids would probably get hypothermia) and Logan isn't home early enough for me to go before it's dark. Which means treadmill runs. BLAH! I HATE RUNNING ON THE TREADMILL! But I am grateful that I have one because otherwise I wouldn't be running at all.

One of the things that has gotten me onto the treadmill the last couple of nights is this quote, "You'll never regret working out after you're done" and it is very true. The nights I decide to go to bed because I'm too tired I always regret it the next mornings. But on the days I don't get my run in until 11:00 or 11:30 I'm exhausted but I feel liberated when I finish.

So I guess the reason I'm writing this is because I needed some self motivation to keep going. Especially when I have challenging days like I did today. My kids were so hard today and I just wanted to crawl in to my bed or a hot bath...but instead I laced up my shoes and hit the machine! I just finished my run and I feel great! I'm awesome :)

P.S. I'm so excited to get to that point where it's not so challenging physically to be running. Why do I let myself get out of shape? It would be so much easier if I would just be consistent.

My 16 week training program starts after next week! Ogden Marathon here I come!

2 comments:

JuLi said...

You're my hero! I can't believe you are running another marathon. You are AWESOME!!! Good Luck Girl! I wish I had a treadmill. I know this is weird, but i absolutely HATE running outside, but on a treadmill I can run for hours (as long as i have a book or awesome tv show in front of me). If you need any good book suggestions just call me! lol. that way when you run yet another marathon I can say I helped ;), even from a couple states away! i'm that good of a sister. Not that you need my help, cuz you really don't because you are just that awesome! really you are. You are awesome! I said it once, but I"m gonna say it again: Good Luck Girl!!!

Unknown said...

Girl, I know what you mean!! well, no. I don't really. You have 2 kids!! that is so much harder to train! But I have been working late every single day and it has been FREEZING & we don't have a gym pass or treadmill...so it's a freeze-outside-run or no run. It's been so hard to train! but we got this!! I was just thinking during my run today how fun it is doing a marathon with yoU! :)