Friday, March 4, 2011

Sometimes when I'm bored...

I attempt decorating...

Luckily I have an awesome mother-in-law who shops at cute decor stores like Rod Works and Tai Pan all the time and gives me all of the gift cards she gets for spending at those places. So I am able to do some decorating with out putting a big dent in our bank account (because I really could spend ALL of our money at either of those stores. I love them.)

This is our table center piece and it makes me smile when i look at it. So much better than just a plain boring table!


I feel like it is important to put inspiring words around you. I spend a lot of time in my kitchen so I felt like that was a good place for inspiration.


I am not very good at hanging pictures. I put way too many holes in the wall on this little project. I don't know a better way other than just estimating where to put the nail, trying it and moving it accordingly if it's not quite right. I'm sure there is a better way that is better on your walls...but this way works for me for now.
I'm still looking for the perfect picture to put in the bottom right frame...it has to be a simple picture since the paper is so busy. No luck yet.

I love Autumn's Room
I just had to include this picture of Autumn doing one of her favorite things: pulling all of her headband out and throwing them all over the floor.


4 comments:

funsizetessa said...

Christa!! Your house is sooooo cute. I love your decorating. :)

Reags said...

youre a rocking wife and mom . . seriously that looks good!

Rachael said...

wow I am so impressed! Sooo cute!! Will you decorate for me please?
P.s. where did you get your kitchen table/chairs?

Randomlicious Memoirs said...

First time stopping by! I love the little arrangement above your cabinets! We have some space up there and we just shove stuff that wont fit in our cabinets..I should try and make our house look nicer!! Thanks for the inspiration.