Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 4- Your Favorite Photgraph of your Best Friend

"No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever."
I have had many "best friends" throughout my life and all have left their mark on me...I wouldn't be who I am today with out my amazing best friends.
Logan is my best kind of friend. He is funny. He is sweet. He is who I confide all of my hopes, dreams, and fears in. He is understanding. He is loving. He is the kind of person that I want to spend all of my days off with. He is who I turn to when I have problems and challenges. He helps me overcome trials and become a better person everyday. He is my best kind of friend.

Autumn is my baby girl. She is who I hang out with all day. She makes me feel of worth. She laughs and coos as I sing and dance around the kitchen putting the dishes away. She snuggles when she's tired. She puts her sweet chubby hands on my heart and looks into my eyes. I know she loves me. She knows I love her. My Lovely Momma. She always makes me feel special. She told me once that I was the calm in her storm from the day I was born. She made me want to serve others. She taught me to make peace, not contention. She set an amazing example of rightiousness for me to follow. She taught me how to be a mother...the most important thing a person can do in this life. My silly sisters! The oldest, Rebecca and Rachael, that I always looked up to and wished I could be as cool and as pretty as. Juli, the one who was more like a twin that just a regular sister. We not only shared a room our whole lives, but also secrets, friends, clothes and everything else. Then my little sisters Sara and Hannah, they always made me want to be a good example. And then there is my new sister, Brooke, who is always sharing with me- Her mom, her clothes, her fashion sense, her secrets, her music, she even gave Logan and I her room. I love sisters! My girls from school- Brit, Linds, Cassi, and Myth. Brit and Myth were my very best friends going through school. We started in orientation together, then sat by eachother out on the floor. They were there for me when I felt like I had no other friends. We got eachother through the dreadful hours we had to put in. All three of us were pregnant at the same time and shared in that new phase of life. Brit is someone who I can call anytime I need someone. She is so fun to hang out with because her son is 1 month older than Autumn. So she's alwasy just a step ahead of me on the mom thing and helps me adjust to all the new things that come my way.
Teesh n' Chris. Besties in the 9th grade. We would meet at the stop sign half way between out houses to play every day. We would wait for the bus in her kitchen. We would eat Top Ramen! She helped me babysit and do my chores. I let her share my sister Julianna. We would walk home from school and go "puddle jumpin'" in the rain. We would make up songs and dances. We would sleep in till noon when we had sleepovers at her house. We would walk home from church and decline all of the offers for rides home on our way. Besties. Still. Heather and Stacey! What a threesome we made. Best friends since the 8th grade. Heather and I ran cross country and track together. We took all the same classes. We dated the same boys (they usually dumped me for her. haha). She helped me through hard times with running, break ups, she is such a great listener. She helped me with calculous and history. She is so smart. She motivated me to stay in shape. She is always in such great shape.

Stacey and I met in gym class, and that pretty much sums up what we did whenever we hung out. We obsessed over working out together. During the summer we would both leave our houses at the same time (approx. 5 miles apart) and meet half way on a run. We would run back to Stacey's and lay out on the trampoline and make turkey and mustard sandwiches on wheat bread. We were alwasy trying to get a 6-pack. We would lay on the floor in the commons and lunch and rate guys butts (really we were just rating the pants they were wearing...) Stacey and I always dated the same guys too. We were always into the same type-tall and skinny. We both married pretty tall slim guys! :) We went to college together. We went to dance parties together and showed off our moves (we love dancing!). We will always be close. My Kacer Facer. Sister. Best friend FOREVER. Kacee and are were unexpected friends. She was a grade younger than me and way more popular than I was. We met running on the track at Lone Peak High. When she was a sophomore and I was a junior we connected. We were the only two girls that came to the summer practice for cross country consistantly. She was much faster, but somehow we still ran together lots! During our runs we bonded! She became more of a sister than a friend. Her family was like my 2nd family. She gets me, she knows me more than possibly anyone (except for Logan). She is the person that I miss the most since our paths have split. I miss being close. And you can't have Kacee with out Jazzer! My little Jasmyn Kapree. "I'm only 13"..."It's 98 degrees out here and SunShiney!"...."Skank" My favorite memory with Jasmyn is when we watched "The Notebook" out in my garage and we squished into a bike baby carrier for half the movie before we decided it was too cramped and we made a bed on the garage floor with tons of blankets for the rest of the movie. Jasmyn is beautiful and determined. She is kind. She has such a great sense of humor. I miss hanging out with her so much. Lauren and Lara will forever be life long friends. Lauren Elizabeth and I "Finish eachothers...sentances" "You can shave your back now skeez" "Just Eat Raw, You'll get better" "I'll wrestle you for him" and many more weird inside jokes. She was the friend who came over everyweekend I had to babysit and made it into a party. Infact the first time we ever hung out we were both babysitting our brothers at my house and we got pizza and watched movies and had a blast! It just became tradition after that. She was there for me no matter what I was going through. When she moved to Chilie in our Junior year for foriegn exchange I felt so alone. She is such a spiritual girl and always has an amazing outlook on life, and a super funny personality. I have never laughed so hard as when I'm with Lauren. And it's the real kind of laugh, the kind where you stomach hurts and your head is thrown way back and you almost pee your pants everytime. That's the kind of friend she was, is, and always will be!

Lara is a babe! She was always the beautiful friend, but not just on the outside. She is such a great person. She always knew what to do when it came to boys. It it wasn't for her I never would have made it through my wedding night. She is the only friend that I felt comfortable talking about "adult" things with before I participated in them. She has just always been a step ahead and can therefore give great advice! She is inteligent, and driven, and makes me want to be successful too! She is a good friend.
Annie was my "best friend" when I went up to Weber State. She was attending BYU and we would talk on the phone like four times a day. We had a point system that we would report to eachother at the end of the day. I would get points for not flirting and she would get points for flirting. She knew Logan better than any of my friends because she would come up and hang out with us when we were dating. I thought Logan was the boy version of Annie and he was therefore perfect. So funny, so fun, so hot! :) Annie is so much fun, you always have fun and laugh a lot when you are with her. I miss hanging out with her mucho. Happy Thursday Annie Girl!

3 comments:

The Wayment Family said...

Aw... Thanx so much Christa (I mean best friend)! You made my day!!! Thanks for being such a great friend. Don't know what I'd do without ya!

Kacee said...

this made me all teary eyed. i miss you so much! i'm so blessed to have a best friend like you. thanks for always being there for everything. love you, forever!

JuLi said...

This post made me happy and sad (and jealous-if i'm honest) all at the same time! You seriously made me special... and i only jealous because i don't have even half as many friends as you! lol... but i've got you! Love ya Christa... thanks for the smiles!